HPS is a kind of ionic hydroxypropyl starch ether, which is produced by a series of chemical and physical reactions with starch as raw material. It is a kind of non-toxic, tasteless white or beige power, which can be dissolved in cold water to form transparent or translucent viscous liquid. It is effective in thickening, adhesion, dispersion, emulsification, suspension, adsorption, surface activity, water retention and so on.
ETON Hydroxypropyl starch ether is a kind of chemical modified starch mainly used as thickener and texturing agent for cement or gypsum based mortar products. Hydroxypropyl starch ether is used for construction.
ETON HPS is a cost-saving material and is easy to obtain the required thickening. In wet mortars, it offers non-sag, anti-slip properties, good work-ability and low stickiness.
5% solution Viscosity mpa s
Loss on drying %
Burning residue %
Bulk density g/L
HPS application features
1. provide very good rapid thickening capacity; Medium viscosity, high water retention;
2. the dosage is small, and a very low filling amount can achieve a very high effect;
3. it can be used with methyl cellulose (MC) or hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (HPMC) to reduce the use of cellulose ether;
4. improve the overall anti sag ability of the material, so that the material will not flow down (slide) when smearing or pasting other materials;
5. it has good lubricity, which can improve the operating performance of the material and make the operation smoother.
HPS packaging and storage
Barrel or paper plastic bag lined with polyethylene film inner bag. Net weight of each bag: 25kg.
Protect from sun and rain during storage and transportation.