HPMC for veterinary medicine
1. It has excellent water solubility in cold water. It can be dissolved into a transparent solution with a little stirring in cold water. On the contrary, it is basically insoluble in hot water above 60 °C, and can only swell. It is a non-ionic cellulose ether. Its solution has no ionic charge, does not interact with metal salts or ionic organic compounds, and does not react with other raw and auxiliary materials in the preparation process;
2. It has strong anti-sensitivity, and with the increase of the degree of substitution in the molecular structure, its anti-sensitivity is stronger and more stable;
3. It has a metabolic character. As a pharmaceutical excipient, it is not metabolized or absorbed, so it does not provide calories in medicines and food. It is unique to the low-calorie, salt-free, non-mutagenic medicines and foods needed by diabetic patients. applicability;
5. It has an effective emulsifying effect and can be used as an effective stabilizer and protective colloid;
6. Its aqueous solution has excellent film-forming properties and is a good coating material for tablets and pills. The film formed by it has the advantages of colorless and tough, and the addition of glycerin can also improve its plasticity
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), HPMC is white or milky white, odorless and tasteless, fibrous powder or granules, the loss on drying does not exceed 10%, can be dissolved in cold water but not in hot water, slowly in hot water Swells, peptizes, forms a viscous colloidal solution, cools to a solution, and accordingly becomes a gel when heated. It is usually used in pharmaceutical excipients and can be used as thickener, dispersant, emulsifier and film-forming agent.