Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) and hydroxyethyl methylcellulose (HEMC) are widely used building materials, when applied to gypsum-based plastering, it has the following characteristics:
Water Retention: Retains in the mortar, allowing the gypsum to fully set. The higher the viscosity, the higher the water retention, and vice versa;
Sag: Allows workers to create thick coatings without ripples;
Mortar Yield: For a fixed weight of dry mix mortar, ETON products can provide more wet mortar.
Specification of non modified products
Gel temperature ℃
Loss on drying %
Burning residue %
Bulk density g/L
Applied to gypsum features
1. improve the water retention and processability, and improve the adhesion to the substrate.
2. it is insensitive to the alkalinity of gypsum and can quickly infiltrate in various gypsum products without agglomeration.
3. it has no negative effect on the porosity of the cured gypsum product and ensures the respiratory performance of the gypsum product.
4. it has good retarding effect and does not affect the growth of gypsum crystal.
5. have proper wet adhesion to ensure the bonding ability of the material to the base surface.
6. greatly improve the construction performance of gypsum products, which are easy to spread and do not stick to the knife.
HPMC packaging and storage
Barrel or paper plastic bag lined with polyethylene film inner bag. Net weight of each bag: 25kg.
Protect from sun and rain during storage and transportation.